Hey Darlings, Hope you had a nice Easter. I spent the day with my mom in Boston shopping, and we later met up with my boyfriend and took the t to the north side to eat at an italian bistro. Surprisingly I did not spend too much money, BUT I luckily came across The Body Shop, which is not close to my home at all. Whenever I buy body shop products, I buy via online..Anyways I have been wanting to try their Tea Tree line of skincare foreverrrrr so I picked up the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash..and saved myself the shipping. I will have to do a review soon! What I have been doing, is trying to clear out all my bad makeup to make room for new stuff since I am updating the storage in my room. I thought this would be an interesting post to share with you, to maybe save you the trouble..I understand not every product works the same for everyone, so if you like any of these then more power to you! I am not doing any brand bashing, I'm just sharing with you products I have been dissatisfied with.
1. Smashbox Bionic Mascara: I had purchased this from Sephora during the holiday season, for 19 dollars. To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be the greatest mascara because of the price, you know how we tend to be less frugal during the holiday season, but ALL I WAS EXPECTING WAS A MASCARA THAT DID NOT CLUMP. It left chunks on my lashes that not even the cheapest drugstore mascara I have used...has ever done this. It did not lengthen. It did not volumize. It just made a mess. You can get your lashes to look enhanced and pretty decent if you play with this mascara, and if you are very careful about the application technique. but I don't want to sit their for twenty minutes carefully applying mascara. I just want to put it on, and go!! Also, the packaging is so strange..you close it all the way...as far as it can go..and when you have opened the package..mascara clumps leak out..I haven't thrown it away yet though, cuz I found a use for it..I use it for my bottom lashes..and it works pretty good.
2. Covergirl Clean Makeup for Sensitive Skin in Soft Honey: First of all, I have never been a fan of Covergirl..so I don't know why I bothered, but you never know right? This makeup doesn't even look like flesh tones...it looks like brown and beige acrylic paint to me, and the application reminds me of such. It made my face break out...from the bottle I had a hard time figuring out what undertones were available..Not cool.
3. Covergirl TruBlend Liquid Foundation in Soft Honey: I'm sorry, I swear this isn't bash Covergirl day, but these made my face a greasy mess. The color did not even match, with covergirl they only offer lighter shades with darker shades...no deep medium shades that work for me..I have a yellow undertone..but Covergirl makes me look soo orange. Not a good buy for me. My mother never wears foundation, but she does own this one..and has had no complaints. My mom has a deep skin tone, with normal to dry skin..no breakouts, what do you think of Trublend?
4. Wet n Wild Mega Protein Mascara: This is a dupe for Maybelline Colossal. First before I start bashing this, let me say it was only 1.99. It comes in a cute white and teal tube. It stinks..but that didn't bother me because so did the colossal. It volumized surprisingly well, with no clumps!The reason why I hate this eye product is after several usages..it irritated my eyes terribly. Red as a rose!! I thought it was my contact solution, but this was the culprit. Just what I need, full lashes and red eyes!!!!!
5. Milani Color Perfect Lipstick in Bonfire: Bonfire is a deep red...and this lipstick was cheap and comes in cheap gold packaging. Rich color, went on creamy, but starting bleeding in a matter of minutes. Not even a lip liner could do the trick...what a runny inexpensive formula..I don't care if it was only 4 dollars, I have 99 cent Wet n Wild lipsticks with better quality =)
Anyways, those are my five products that have been invited to my garbage party. I am not positive if I have a bias against Covergirl or not, the only products I can tolerate from them are the eyeshadows, I am curious, What do you think of the Covergirl brand?
What products can you absolutely not use, I would love to know to save myself the hassle!
Whether in Life you need to put your game face on, your sad face on, your happy face on, your mean face on, your dream face on, or your best foot forward...Personality is an art form. Makeup is an art form. And so the two meet.