Search This Blog


Whether in Life you need to put your game face on, your sad face on, your happy face on, your mean face on, your dream face on, or your best foot forward...Personality is an art form. Makeup is an art form. And so the two meet.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Curly Girl Haul =)






















Hi !! So, lately I've been abusing my hair lately and I realized when I shop for hair products, I only purchase products for damaged hair or a hydrating product..besides cheap curling mousses from the drugstore I use when I don't feel like doing my hair. So, I've decided to try to get my curls to look their best. My curly hair inspiration is definitely leona lewis, because they are so springy and shiny. I have a similar hair type to her, so maybe i can get my hair to look as healthy as her. A lot of ppl say I look like her..and I can kinda see...but she has bone structure to die for ! I was unfortunately not blessed with that =( Anyways, I hit TJ Maxx and Trade Secret and Regis Salon..3 days ago.










Heres what I purchased....










1. Bed Head Foxy Curls Conditioner $ 11.99( for a 25 oz) - TJ Maxx





2. Chi Iron Guard Heat Protectant Spray - $5.99 TJ Maxx ( Protect my curls from heat)





3. CatWalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier - $12.99- Trade Secret





4. DevaCurl Moisture Lock Set It Free Spray- $17.95- Trade Secret





5. CatWalk Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner Duo ($22.00 set to prevent damage)




















Okay, now to speak about my experience with these products.










First off, I highly highly recommend the Foxy Curls conditioner...it smells EXACTLY like Skittles, and it has thicker texture unlike the majoirty of Bed Head conditioners which have that "slick quid..." texture. The texture reminds me of Pantene Prov, only this conditioner actually does something for your hair and doesn't just lay on the hair shaft. Also, when combing my hair the knots came out like butter..I don't know if it protects the ends though..










Chi Iron Guard smells amazing, and it helped my Chi flat iron glide through my hair more smoothly than a serum does. I'm not using serums for heat styling anymore.










Catwalk curl amplifier is okay..smells really good..but if you use too much it leaves your hair crunchy..didn't expect this with a creme...i would expect that for a gel..but a lot of ppl love this so im going to experiment more with this before I completely give up on it...It does inflate your curls...which if they dry frizzy its not attractive. If they are smooth it is..I feel this product is trial and era =)










DevaCurl works wonders...if you know how to use the product which a lot of people do not...I use this as a curl refresher..and curl shaper when diffusing..it has a lemon lime scent that works wonderfully in conjunction with the Foxy Curls...my hair is bouncy, and shiny..and smells like skittles all day.










Oatmeal and Honey Shampoo and Conditioner...smells like Gingerbread cookies. Awesome...to use around the holidays. Kinda rich smell for summer which is approaching...it smoothed my hair but I think Bed Head Moisture Maniac Duo did a far better job...

No comments:

Post a Comment